Engage in interactive and hands-on demonstrations throughout the exhibit and across the Witte campus all summer long!
- Taste the unique flavors the Maya introduced to the world! Join us all summer long in the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio Demonstration Kitchen and discover healthy, refreshing new recipes inspired by traditional Maya cuisine.
- Listen to the tales of the ancient Maya and watch them come to life by award winning storyteller Carolina Quiroga-Stultz.
- Immerse yourself in hands-on demonstrations inspired by the customs and traditions of the ancient Maya from weaving and building arches to textile work.
- Perform with the instruments of the Bonampak mural and find out how musical presentations played a role in ancient Maya traditions.
- Stargaze with the moon goddess Ixchel and learn to tell time the Mayan way through an interactive exploration of ancient and modern astronomy.